The following page is current for use during the 2013 Tournament.
There were two changes for the 2012 Tournament:
Grand Sequence was been upgraded to a limit hand.
Triple Knitting was been reinstated.
There may be further changes to hands for the 2014 Torurnament
- Unique Wonder: One of each of the 1s and 9s of each suit, one of each wind, one of each dragon and any tile paired. Conceled except last tile.
- Imperial Jade: Pung/kong of green dragons, 3 pungs/kongs and a pair of green bamboo tiles. May include one chow (2, 3, 4).
- Royal Ruby: Pung/kong of red dragons and 3 pungs/kongs and a pair of red bamboos. No chow.
- Lily of the Valley: Pungs/kongs of green and white dragons and 2 pungs/kongs and a pair of green bamboos.
- Red Lantern: Pung/kong of red dragons. Pung/kong of own wind. Run of 1-7 in same suit. Any tile from the run to form a pair. If the pungs are made from a discard this hand scores 30 points.
- Red Lily: Pungs/kongs of red and white dragons and 2 pungs/kongs and a pair of red bamboos.
- Run Pung & Pair: One suit only with no winds or dragons. A run of 1-9, a pung and a pair. Concealed except last tile.
- Heavenly Twins: Seven pairs all in one suit with no winds or dagons. Concealed except last tile
- Wriggly Snake: Run in 1-9 in one suit only. One of each wind. Any of these tiles may be used to form a pair. Concealed except last tile.
- All Pair Honour Hand: Seven pairs of the honour tiles (1s, 9s, winds, dragons). Concealed except last tile.
- Gates of Heaven: One suit. Pung of 1s, pung of 9s, run 2-8 and one of those tiles paired. Concealed except last tile.
- All Honour Hand: Pungs/kongs of any honour tile (1s, 9s, winds, dragons).
- Three Great Scholars: pungs/kongs of all three dragons plus a pung/kong/chow and a pair in one suit.
- The Four Blessings: Pungs/kongs of the four winds plus a pair in any suit.
- Windy Dragons: Two pungs of any of the dragons and one pair of each of the winds. The dragons may be punged from a discard, but the pair of winds must come from the wall. The last tile may be taken from a discard.
- All Kong Hand: All one suit 4 kongs and a pair. May include winds and dragons.
- Concealed Mixed Pungs: Four pungs (no kongs) and a pair in any of the three suits. May include winds and/or dragons. Every tile including the last one must be from the wall.
- Buried Treasure: One suit only with pungs and chows (as many as you like) and a pair. May include winds and/or dragons. Every tile including the last must be from the wall.
- Ruby Jade: Pung/kong of red dragons, pung/kong of green dragons, pung of green bamboos, pung of red bamboos and a pair of bamboo.
- Emerald Pairs: 7 pairs of green bamboos.
- All Pair Jade Hand: Pair of green dragons, 6 pairs of green bamboos.
- All Pair Ruby Jade Hand: Pairs of bamboo tiles (red and green). Must include a pair of each of green and red dragons.
- Sparrow’s Sanctuary: Two pairs of the 1s of bamboo. One pair of each green bamboo tile. Concealed except for the last tile.
- All Winds & Dragons: Pungs/kongs of the winds and dragons only and a pair of winds or dragons.
- Windy Ones: Pungs/kongs of the 1s in each suit plus one of each wind with one wind paired. If pungs are taken from the discard this hand scores only 20 points.
- Windy Nines: As above but substitute 9s for 1s.
- Greta’s Garden: Run of 1-7 in one suit. One of each wind, one of each dragon. Concealed except last tile.
- Gertie’s Garter: Run of 1-7 in two suits. Concealed except last tile.
- Chinese Odds: Any one suit, 4 pungs/kongs and a pair ALL odd numbers.
- Dragonfly: One of each dragon, pungs/kongs in each of the three suits and a pair of any suit, Concealed except last tile. If pungs taken from discard hand scores only 20 points.
- Purity: Pungs/kongs in one suit with NO winds or dragons. One chow allowed except in goulash.
- Heads & Tails: Pungs/kongs of the 1s and 9s of any of the three suits and a pair of 1s or 9s.
- Grand Sequence: Run 1-9 one suit, pair same suit, pung of winds or dragons. No kongs. Concealed except last tile.
- Ordinary Suit Hand: Pungs/kongs of one suit only with winds and/or dragons and a pair. This hand may include ONE chow but NOT in a goulash.
- Triple Knitting: Four sets of tiles (3 in each set) consisting of the same number in each suit and a pair from two suits. No winds or dragons. Concealed except last tile.
- Windfall: Five pairs in one suit plus one of each wind. Concealed except last tile.
- Red Coral: Pung of red dragons, three pungs and a pair of characters.
- All Pair Hand: Seven pairs in one suit. May also have pairs of winds and/or Dragons. If no winds or dragons score is 30 points.